Wednesday 29 October 2014

Book Wednesday- 29/10/14

Hello there! Over the week I read a lot of books and I thought having one weekly blog post where I share what I have read (with and without the class) would be a good way to keep track of books and hopefully share with you some fantastic reads! Also due to people constantly dangling recommended books in front of me (I am not complaining at all!) I will share some of my wishlist items as well. So here goes!

Read this week



The Firework Maker's Daughter by Philip Pullman- this is the book I am basing our topic work on this term. We finished it on Friday and the children actually begged me to finish it before we finished for half term.

Oliver and the Seawigs by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre- this was our just for fun class novel and as soon as we finished it the children demanded (very nicely) another one by Reeve and McIntyre.

A Boy and a Bear in a Boat by Dave Shelton- For my Children at Heffers book group. An interesting read but oh my goodness that ending! What do others think?

The Grunts in Trouble by Philip Ardagh- An enjoyable read that will immediately go in my recommends box in the classroom as I know my children will really like it. Reminiscent of Dahl's 'The Twits' but the Grunts aren't quite to horrible. I adore the character of Sunny and can't wait to see what happens next.

Fairy Tale Twists by Katie Dale- We had Katie Dale visit our school and as a result I (and the class) have nearly devoured all of the series.

Wishlist

Sleuth on Skates by Clementine Beauvais.

Good Dog, Bad Dog by Dave Shelton. A graphic novel by the author of A Boy and a Bear in a Boat. I am looking forward to a comparison of the two books.

The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak. This was highly rated at my book group and I really want to read it!

What have you read this week? What is on your wishlist? Please leave a comment and share! Happy Reading!



7 comments:

  1. Great idea for a post! What year do you teach? I ask because my daughter's just getting into chapter books now, and I'm always on the lookout for recommendations for her, and these sound fun! Thanks very much for sharing with #PaperyPeep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I teach Year 4, what year is your daughter in? The Fairy Tale Twists are great for those just getting into longer books.

      Delete
    2. Ah, she's only in Reception, so a little young then.

      Delete
  2. Wow that's a lot of books :) I'm interested in book recommendations for me so looking forward to future posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the posts are useful Stephanie. I already have two books on the post for next Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of books! I hope my son has a teacher who shows so much dedication when he starts school.

    #paperypeep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Leandra that's sweet, I am sure he will! I couldn't imagine not sharing as many books as possible with my class!

      Delete