Saturday 1 November 2014

Literary Dinner Party- The Children's Book Edition


A few weeks ago I was tagged by the lovely Emma from Mab is Mab to complete the Literary Dinner Party tag on my main blog Paper Obsessed. However I couldn't help but wonder which children's book characters I would invite to my Literary Dinner Party. You are allowed to invite 10 characters who fit the categories. So here goes!

1) Character who can cook or who likes to cook- Well this character can only really make one type of food and that is the confectionery type. It would have to be Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Image the dessert he would provide and the after dinner sweet treats we could munch on. Yum!

2) A character who has money to fund the party- Well as long as I get my timing right it would have to be Hubert Horatio Bartle Bobton Trent by Lauren Child. I would then feel really bad that he had paid for it all once the events at the end of the book occur.

3) A character who might cause a scene- The Saucepan Man from The Faraway Tree. Wow he would be noisy and I get easily embarrassed so he would be a difficult one to have visit. Imagine trying to eat your starter with him clanging around and what the fellow diners would feel!

4) An amusing character- at the moment I find any member of Elys Dolan's Nuts in Space crew amusing. (if you haven't read any of her books read them now!)

5) A character who is super social or popular- Prince Charming. I want to know how exactly is he so charming?

6) A villain- The Thurlstone in Oliver and the Seawigs by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre. How dare he try and steal my wonderful hair piece whilst we eat dinner!

7) A couple (do not have to be romantically linked!)- Marge and Lola from Chicken Dance by Tammi Sauer and Dan Santat because I really want to be able to have their dance abilities. Seriously.

8) A hero/heroine- Ruskin from Krindlekrax because he faces up to bullies, follows his dreams and sees off Krindlekrax. Go Ruskin!

9) Under appreciated character- The Bear from A Boy and a Bear in a Boat by Dave Shelton. It isn't until the end of the book that the boy starts to be more aware of what the bear has done and I just want to have the bear for dinner and tell him how super he is. And maybe get him a new map!

10) Character of your choosing- The Jolly Postman so I can get lots of fantastic letters!

I tag Year2tastic and Growing Little Learners and anyone else who wants to join in!

Who would be invited to your Literary Dinner Party? I would love to know, whether it's children's fiction or adults please leave a me a comment and if you do a blog post leave me a link!


2 comments:

  1. I love that you themed this with children's books! I would totally want Willy Wonka to provide the food haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thanks Emma it was really fun to give it a little twist.

    ReplyDelete