Wednesday 12 November 2014

Book Wednesday- 12/11/14


Happy Wednesday! Oh my goodness I am already feeling the pressure for this half term and a week and bit in I am exhausted! Parent consultations, IEP reviews, MTP planning due, observations, visits to other schools, work with consultants etc has left me feeling a little bit argh! But I have still managed to sneak in a bit of reading!

One highlight of parent consultations has been the wonderful feedback from so many about how much more their child is actively reading, sharing books at home and coming home raving about the books we have been reading at school. That just makes everything worth it!

Anyway onto the reading for the week!

Currently Reading

I am still reading Sleuth on Skates by ClĂ©mentine Beauvais and the Reading Workshop book from last week.


I started reading Baby Aliens Got My Teacher with the class today and they love it already. Perhaps they like the possibility of aliens getting the teacher a little too much...

I like to take part in the Red House Children's Book Awards with the class and last year we loved reading the shortlist and voting. This year will be the same. Have a look here and it would be great if you managed to share with your class and take part! On a side note I also read them the The Pirates Next Door that I wrote about last week and they loved it. I read it as part of a lesson on inference and they did fantastically picking things out of the text.

Read This Week

Good Dog, Bad Dog by Dave Shelton- This was a cracking read. A canine detective story with a real element of fun which had me laughing out loud quite a bit! Take a look at what Dave Shelton himself says about the book!

Cakes in Space by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre- I adored Oliver and the Seawigs by this super pair and so it was with great excitement that I grabbed a copy of Cakes in Space at the school book fair I had organised. The children were pleased too as they were fans of Oliver when we read it (they still keep asking to draw pictures of sea monkeys) but I was mean and nabbed it to read over the weekend. Bad teacher! I thoroughly enjoyed Cakes in Space and really cannot recommend it enough.

Wishlist

Blizzard by John Rocco- I have read Blackout by John Rocco which I (and the kids) loved and so I was pleased to read there is now Blizzard to add to the collection.

So that's my reading for the week! What have you read this week? Please do share in the comments below!





No comments:

Post a Comment